Robotics Competition
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Robotics Competition

robotics compitition in india I am going to organize a robotics competition on NOV 11-15 2010 in (Hathras, Uttar Pradesh, Iindia). In which anybody can take part. The events are given below:- Micromouse Robot dogfighting Speed race Exhibition These

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What is a Microcontroller?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

What is a Microcontroller? Empty
PostSubject: What is a Microcontroller?   What is a Microcontroller? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 7:09 am

A microcontroller (also microcomputer, MCU or µC) is a small computer on a single integrated circuit consisting internally of a relatively simple CPU, clock, timers, I/O ports, and memory. Program memory in the form of NOR flash or OTP ROM is also often included on chip, as well as a typically small amount of RAM. Microcontrollers are designed for small or dedicated applications. Thus, in contrast to the microprocessors used in personal computers and other high-performance or general purpose applications, simplicity is emphasized. Some microcontrollers may use four-bit words and operate at clock rate frequencies as low as 4 kHz, as this is adequate for many typical applications, enabling low power consumption (milliwatts or microwatts). They will generally have the ability to retain functionality while waiting for an event such as a button press or other interrupt; power consumption while sleeping (CPU clock and most peripherals off) may be just nanowatts, making many of them well suited for long lasting battery applications. Other microcontrollers may serve performance-critical roles, where they may need to act more like a digital signal processor (DSP), with higher clock speeds and power consumption.
Back to top Go down
https://xirixrobotics.board-directory.net

What is a Microcontroller?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Robotics Competition :: Microcontrollers :: Basic concept-
Jump to: